Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amazon Mask






















Shown here is a Beautiful mask worn by the Amazons. I spotted my mask in Xena Season 4 episode "Endgame". It is made of hard but durable foam material and covered in a layer of resin for better protection. It has red, black and purplish colored feathers and a VERY long train of purple & blue/black rafia. Simply Gorgeous!!! I purchased this from a seller/friend in New Zealand and it turns out that the names inside the mask matched two Continuity Photos that my very good friend Barbie owned. She allowed me the chance to purchase these two photos from her so that it could be a special Coming Home event for these items. You can see the continuity photos in my Behind The Scenes section. It has been unheard of in the prop collecting community that a photo and a prop would find their way back to each other but Luck was on my side and I am very happy to be probably the first collector for this to happen to. A truly unforgettable experience. So Many Many Thanks to my friends for giving me this small miracle.

I was also told that these masks were resued so that Ren Pic could save money and as to date I have spotted my mask in 3 other episodes. Xena Season 1 episode "Hooves and Harlots" worn by Terreis, Xena Season 2 "The Quest" & Hercules Season 4 episode "Prodigal Sister". I have added screen caps for all the episodes I have found my mask in as well. So I hope you enjoyed this entry cause I sured LOVED doing it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment